Setting up a Podcast - Part III: Show Page/iTunes/Stitcher
Setting Up The Podcast Show Page
From your Bio page created in Part I click "New Show"
NOTE: You will be charged for each show you create (but not until the show is live with episodes). I haven't setup an auto payment system, so for now payment will be done month to month or yearly with a reminder email and a payment to Venmo or Paypal
Enter the following info about your Podcast:
- Title: The full title of the podcast
- Subtitle: A tag line for the podcast. Limited to 255 characters.
- Description: A full description of the podcast. This can be 2-5 sentences describing the show. This will become the description on the itunes page and the stitcher page, and any other podcast apps.
- Keywords: A list of keywords separated by commas. Limited to 255 characters, or about 10-15 words. (e.g. "comedy, science, philosophy, politics, medicine")
- Nickname (OPTIONAL): This should be a short name with no spaces (only letters, numbers, or underscores) that can be used in urls, for instance for the show "Science AF", the nickname is "scienceaf" and episode 4 of the show is found at the local link "scienceaf/episode/4"
- Website (OPTIONAL): This is the website for the podcast. This should be your Domain Name (see Part III). If you haven't registered a Domain Name yet, you can leave this blank until later.
- Categories: Choose at least 1 Category and up to 3. Some Categories have Subcategories which will fill in when you select the Category.
- Podcast Feed Name (OPTIONAL): This is going to be the filename of your podcast feed, the file that tells itunes about your podcast and episodes. It can be any name containing letters, numbers and underscores. (e.g. bestpodcast_feed, mypodcastfeed or the_best_podcast_feed) This is not something the public will see, it just needs to be different from any other podcasts on the network.
- iTunes Link, Stitcher Link (OPTIONAL): These can be left blank until you set those up. Once you setup your podcast on iTunes and Stitcher, put the URLs for them here.
- Facebook Page (OPTIONAL): If you have a Facebook Page, add the entire URL here, e.g. "https://www.facebook.com/scienceafpod"
- Twitter Handle (OPTIONAL): Just the handle, no @ sign or http, e.g. "ScienceAFPod"
- Upload your Website Image, size should be 960x540 in PNG or JPG format, file size must be under [File size]
- Upload your iTunes Image, size should be 1400x1400 in PNG or JPG format, file size must be under [File size]
- (OPTIONAL) Upload your Favicon, size should be 16x16 in PNG or JPG format (this is the very tiny image that browsers put up in the top left corner, or along with your bookmark)