Setting up a Podcast - Part I: Domain Name
Before You Start
You will need a Name for your podcast, of course. Search on iTunes to make sure the name doesn't already exist.
Next create some image art for the show. Good artwork is colorful and eyecatching. Any text should be large enough to read, even if it is scaled-down very small such as in the iTunes menus. Specifically you will need:
- A 960x540 JPG or PNG image for the website.
- A 1400x1400 JPG or PNG image for iTunes.
- (OPTIONAL) A 1500x400 JPG or PNG image for a banner ad.
- (OPTIONAL) A tiny 16x16 JPG or PNG image for the favicon (the tiny logo in the top corner of the browser).
- You can also add a 640x720 JPG or PNG headshot of each of the podcasters.
Then when you are ready, register your Domain Name...
Setting Up Your Domain Name
1) You can use GoDaddy.com, 1and1.com, Register.com, or any domain name registration to purchase your domain name, e.g. "BestPodcast.com". Do not buy hosting, email or storage, just register your domain.
2) After you register you will have the option to enter DNS Nameserver info. Look for something that says "Manage DNS" or "Custom Nameservers". You should be able to enter up to 3 nameserver addresses. The three nameservers you need to enter are: